Multicultural Paranormal Romance Author Alexandria Infante

Translate

Friday, August 23, 2013

Interview with Marianne Petit...

Author Alexandria Infante for Eternal Press.
This is the Teaching between Midnight and Dawn Series...

Well hay guys!


Since the interviews are going so well on the websites... I've decided to feature a new author every week on my blog as well. We caught up with Marianne Petit, and she took a few minutes out of her busy schedule to stop by and chat with us for a bit.

Awesome, we're totally excited to have her...












Marianne Petit is a former President of the Long Island Chapter of the Romance Writers of America. Her love for writing stems back to high school. She spent hours reading Nancy Drew, Alfred Hitchcock and historical romances, and at the age of fifteen, she wrote a short story for children, as well as numerous works of poetry. Marianne's love of history stems from her father, Roger, a Frenchman, whose love of American history greatly influenced her writing interests.

   As well, she is the former President of the Melville Lions club, a service organization, which raises money for the less fortunate - especially the sight and hearing impaired.
To Marianne's credit, Newsday as well as several local newspapers have written articles on Ms. Petit . She was also featured in a TV interview for her time travel novel, A Find Through Time.
Marianne loves to ski, raft, horseback ride, and enjoys the theater. She lives on Long Island and has been happily married for 34 years. She has two sons, a daughter-in-law and a new grandson.

Interview...

Alexandria: So, Marianne, tell us what inspires you to write paranormal stories?
Marianne: What inspires you to write paranormal stories?
Alexandria: Has anything paranormal ever happened to you?
Marianne: I wish I could say yes, but sadly no. My sister, on the other hand, has had many experiences.
Alexandria: If you could be any character in fiction, who would you be?
Marianne: Hmm...well, since my fantasy, Amulet Of Darkness just came out and is still on my mind, I'd say a deity with powers.
 Alexandria: How was your publication experience?
Marianne: Getting published took tooooo long, with way too many rejections, but when you hold your book and see your cover and name it's worth all the heartache.
Alexandria: Can you give me one of your ‘aha moments’?
 Marianne: When I realized what was missing from my life....writing and telling stories.

Alexandria: When did you first decide to write your first book? What was it like?
 Marianne: When my father died suddenly I decided life was too short not to fulfill your dreams, so instead of just saying” one day I am gonna write that book,”  I went and found a writers convention and dove right in. Best thing I ever did!

Alexandria: Did you have support from your friends and family?
Marianne: My husband supported me from the beginning and is my biggest fan.  The women in my critique group, who are my dear friends, keep me going.
Alexandria: What is the biggest influence on your writing?
Marianne: When I was young, I read historical romances and I decided I wanted to write with that genre in mind. I love researching American history so my first book, A Find Through Time, stemmed from those historical books.
Alexandria: What obstacles do feel new authors have yet to overcome?
Marianne: Getting over rejections and pushing forward no matter what others say about your work.
Alexandria: How do you connect with your African American, Native American, Latina and other ethnic readers?
Marianne:  Well, when I wrote my time travel a Native American woman critiqued the story and thought I was also Native American, so I guess I did ok.
Alexandria: How do you find the time to write?
Marianne: I am lucky; writing is my job and my passion so it's not difficult for me.
Alexandria: What advice do you have for other authors who want to begin writing in your genre?
Marianne: You have to love your plot and characters no matter what genre you're writing, and read the kind of stories you want to write so you have a feel for how that genre plays out. Also, join a critique group and be willing to take advice and make changes when more than one person makes a suggestion.
Alexandria: And Lastly Marianne, what is your favorite book and why?
Marianne: I have to be honest, I don't have a favorite. I have read so many good books by wonderful authors. But, my favorite genre is historical westerns especially Native America love stories with a dreamy hero!
Alexandria: Now, to the New book, tell us about it.











Marianne: 
Amulet of Darkness

In a land where creatures shape-shift, a blind man sees, and where believing in your gut instinct can save a life, a Herculean hero matches wits with a beautiful huntress.
Cyrenne’s life is pledged in servitude to the deity of the forest. She believes in obeying the deities, remaining chaste and that her abilities, as a warrior, are better than any man. When she catches the attention of the Storm Deity, and refuses his offer of immortality, he punishes her by besetting fear upon her. Her comrades die when she is unable to fight. She swears she shall not return home until she proves herself worthy and she sets out on a journey of redemption.
Gareth has always hated the Upland deities. He has no use for a woman dedicated to them, and who looks better in armor than most men do. He believes his gut instinct is always right, the deities are always wrong and a woman’s place is in the home, any home but his. When the spirited woman with the iron resolve saves his life, they set out on a journey that takes them through uncharted territories where love teeters on the edge of danger.

Sounds just awesome Marianne, we had a blast chatting with you, and feel free to stop by any time!! Thanks a Bunch :)
Also by Marianne Petit: 










and...










You can Find Marianne Petit @ http://www.mariannepetitbooks.com/
Amazon.com, so check out these cool reads.
Next Week...
Interview with Richard Stephens & Salty Tails...
On Contemporary Romance w/Flava www.contemporarylove.webs.com
Interview with Contemporary Romance author Carol Barrett.

No comments: